Podcast 67: How To Overcome and Cure Sexual Anxiety
Sexual Anxiety Can Be Controlled
Sexual anxiety in marriage
Today we have a special guest Dr. Lindsey Brooks a sex therapist. I will introduce in a minute.
Dr. Brooks has her Ph.D. in Counseling Psychology, is a certified sex therapist turned sex educator and has been providing therapy since 2005. She is thrilled to now be bringing her knowledge beyond the therapy office into her Sexual Empowerment School where she teaches women how to build their own sexual self-knowledge, develop pleasure-positive mindsets, and learn sexual communication skills through her on-line 8 weeks workshops and resources.
How to overcome sexual anxiety
- She shares how developing a Pleasure-positive mindset can be an integral part of wellness. That for women pleasure is ok and welcoming.
- Boundaries- Be clear before hand and discuss what You want, What You will do and what you won’t do.
- Can be hard to separate emotions and sexuality with someone. This is where hurt feeling and shame and anxiety can be there if you are not on the same emotional page when having sex.
- The Messages or script learned from religions, social media or TV and Misinformation have an impact on what we think is right or wrong, good or bad. You are either a good girl or a fun girl.
How to get rid of sexual anxiety
In her 8 week workshop Dr. Lindsey help to rewrite scripts for more of a pleasure mindset.
- Normalizing behaviors and emotions involved.
- Reframe Shame and what that person enjoys.
- Look at your own Values to guide you. What feels right, . Not fear or shame.
Women deserve pleasure in sex and for it to be mutual and reciprocated, not one sided.
Sexual anxiety treatment
She has a free Offering: https://www.sexualempowermentschool.com/quiz
Her course can be found at:https://www.sexualempowermentschool.com/
This is by no means a replacement for therapy of any medical attention if you need it. Always reach out and take care of yourself or if you are feeling like you want to hurt yourself, there is always someone standing by at 1800-273-8255 or call 911. Remember to Share the Love.
Go to our website anxietysimplified.net for more on how to get certified for an Emotional Support or Psychiatric Service Dog today.
AnxietySimplified.net Podcast videos to feel more in control of your life.
ESA Pros.com for an emotional support animal or a Psychiatric Service Dog to go with you everywhere you go